Outlook Express is one of the oldest and preferred email client available as default email program of Windows 9x to Windows XP. Millions of users are still using it till today for sending and receiving their emails. This is a good fact to be surprised even if Microsoft is providing free upgrade to this program in form of Windows Live Mail for Windows XP.
Outlook Express is a component of Internet Explorer 6 and uses the options of Office 2003 or older Office versions. The main problems arise when you install latest Office editions or latest Internet Explorer versions.
In our Microsoft Support Service, we regularly provide help to users facing any kind of problem with this email client. Following are common Outlook Express problems are like Not able to send/receive emails Outlook Express Regularly asks for passwords Sending the emails but could not receive them Hyperlinks don’t work in email messages Messages disappear from inbox Image Preview is not working Very slow performance and working
answervalley covers all the aspects of Outlook Express, still following are few highlights included in our Outlook Express Support:
- Troubleshooting any kind of problem with Outlook Express
- Outlook Express Setup and Configuration
- Configuring the email address in Outlook Express*
- Repair or remove Outlook Express
- Transferring emails, contacts, and accounts from Outlook Express to other supported email clients
- Creation or deletion of user profiles